Sunday, October 2, 2011

C4K September

Comments for Kids


C4K#1

For the first comments for kids assignment, I commented on Athena's blog post called "Silly Sports Day." In her blog post, she wrote about a day when her class and several others had a silly sports day. I said that I was glad she and her class enjoyed it. One of the games she had listed that her class participated in was the 3-legged race game, so I told her about a time when I tried it, and lost.


C4K#2


I can't find the website for this comment, but I know that I commented on a child's blog who wrote about the book series "Diary of a Wimpy Kid." She said that she enjoyed reading them, and that she liked to play outside just like the kid in the book. I told her that I was glad she enjoyed the books, and that I had not read them but I have seen one of the movies.


C4K#3

For the 4th Comments for kids, I wrote to Miller on the St. Elmo Explorer's blog called "Letters to Lucy." This class received free iPads and money for field trips (donated by Lucy Buffett), and they put together a google presentation of all the children's thank you letters to Lucy. Miller told Lucy that he thought she was awesome, and that he was excited about the iPads and field trips to come. I told him that I thought his letter was sweet and that Mrs. Lucy would enjoy reading it.

1 comment:

  1. I hope you find C4K beneficial to you. I know from the comments of the teachers that they find them useful and the kids love getting them. Writing for a real audience is important!

    ReplyDelete