Sunday, September 18, 2011

Blog Post #4

Podcast on an iPod



Eagles' Nest Radio & Class Blog


Eagles' Nest Radio and Class Blog was a 3rd grade blog site where the students made podcasts of what they learned. They pretended to be people talking on the radio, and they sounded so cute! I must say, for 3rd graders they were most impressive! From what I heard, it seemed like they really enjoyed getting to talk in podcasts! It also sounded like they really new what they were talking about, which tells me that using podcast' was a very effective way of teaching for their teacher.

Listening to this blog really made me want to try to use podcasts in my future teaching lessons. They really seemed to learn so much, and they seemed to have fun doing it! I feel like this was a great example to us as future teachers of one of the ways we can incorporate technology into our classrooms. I liked how they used music in the background. It made the podcast sound really professional. I think it would be a great idea for my group to try to use music in our podcast.



The Benefits of Podcasting in the Classroom


This website was very informing. It Tells about how podcasts are effective ways of teaching in classrooms, and how they can be very beneficial. Joe Dale brought up many very good points and ideas. One, for example, was putting "review podcasts" on itunes. He gave an example of a little girl who got sick the night before her class' test review day. She went on itunes and downloaded the review, so she didn't miss any material covered in class and didn't go to school and make anyone else sick!


This website/video showed several great examples of what podcasts can be used for in classrooms. It gave a list benefits, and I think that someday I will use podcasts in my classroom for most of these things!




Judy Scharf Podcast Collection



This website was very helpful to me. It tells all about podcasts, what they can be used for, and how to use them. Before I went to this website, I did not even realize why a podcast is called a "podcast". It is because it is a mix between an iPod and a broadcast, and it can be downloaded from itunes or a podcasting website onto an iPod or an mp3 player.

My group and I will probably go back to this website whenever we begin putting together our podcast, because it is a very helpful website! After listening to all of these podcasts and visiting the websites, I now understand the purpose of podcasts. Before, I had heard of them, but did not really know what they were, or what the point was to them.

1 comment:

  1. "Listening to this blog really made me want to try to use podcasts in my future teaching lessons. " That is what we hope will happen.

    I am glad to learn that these assignments helped prepare you for your podcast.

    ReplyDelete